Valve Cover & Cylinder Protectors Dakar - Left + Right :
The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum.
The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate three piece design, where the impact point is protected, supported by an upper and lower piece of 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum, each of which also protects the valve cover.
The leading and trailing edges of the valve cover are protected by a double layer of aluminum and therefore have 6 mm of aluminum protection. Two of the three mounting points also benefit from this two layer design, making the attachment points of these covers particularly robust.
- Protection from impacts, falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is “floating”, without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc at the front impact area.
- Thick billet slide pad on each side.
- 3 major double strength attachment points.
- Powder-coated aluminum.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Easy to fit
The original plastic protectors usually shatter at minor incidents or simply fold back, we recommend fitting these protectors as a preventive measure. During the development and testing of this part (road/off-road/track using several bike models with the customary slides and falls) we never had to use the emergency rubber cap.
Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
Replacement contact pads are available under the Related Products tab.
Please note: The protectors fit in combination with the original BMW crash bars, when mounting with Wunderlich crash bars the mounting kit 35611-000 is required.
This product fits to : R 1200 GS LC (2013 - 2016)
R 1200 GS LC Adv. (2014-)
R 1200 R LC
R 1200 RS LC
R 1200 RT LC (2014 - )
If you have any questions or after sales support in reference to the products please get in touch with us the product details and dealer it was purchased from:-
Some frequently asked questions
- If the material is in stock it is shipped within two business days.
- If it isn't its shipped the next business day of product arrival.
Where do we ship:
- All of India! ( if private couriers don't deliver we "Speed post" it to you)
This is the travel time. That means once handed over to the shipper and then handed to receiver!
- Air:- Less than four - seven working days to most codes
- Surface:- five to ten working days to most codes
Shipping cut off is 4:00pm. That means if your order is placed before 4pm and payment is also received before 4:00pm we will ship the material the same day. Otherwise it will be done the next working day!
* Timelines are for reference only!!
Dockets are updated next day of shipping!
Shipping Options & Cost:
- Shipping carrier and costs are available at checkout.
- Next day delivery is available. You would be able to see it at checkout.
- Please check stock via email if its urgent!
believe [at] motousher [dot] com
Email preferred: +91 93737 88088
Warehouse/ Shipped From: Nagpur, MH
Partner Network ( For dealers please email us)
- Restocking fee of 20% apply of unopened products ( Require Approval)!
- Please read Terms and Conditions carefully!
- Prices are "as on" the website. Please do not contact us for discounts.
- Defence personnel :- Please use code "ServeIndia" to avail flat 5% discount on all orders. Please email us your ID cards for verification for us to process your order. They Identity card would be deleted immediately after verification.