Spares - Iridium Spark Plugs
NGK IRIDIUM IX spark plugs
Designed specifically for the performance enthusiast, Iridium IX offers extreme ignitability, improved throttle response and superior anti-fouling.
- Fine iridium tip ensures high durability and a consistently stable spark
- Iridium alloy has extremely high melting point, perfect for today’s high-tech, high-performance engines
- Trivalent metal plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
- Outstanding acceleration, high fuel efficiency and durability
- Ultimate design, technology and performance
HOW TO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT SPARK PLUG?
There are several factors—such as thread reach, thread diameter, the insulator nose projection and whether the spark plug incorporates a gasket or is of the conical type—to consider when choosing the correct spark plug for your needs.
In most cases, it is not until the engine is modified, or the compression is raised significantly, that stock ignition systems and spark plugs begin to show signs of being inadequate. At this point, a variety of factors determine which spark plug will be best suited for a particular configuration. In these modified engines, specific electrode/tip combinations, electrode materials and colder heat ranges can provide measurable gains in power. If your vehicle has had extensive modifications, it would be best to seek the advice of the manufacturer of your vehicle, the aftermarket supplier who manufactured your modifications or your service technician.