Kawasaki Versys 1000 Spares - Standard Spark Plugs
NGK Standard spark plugs
Designed specifically for the quality enthusiast
- Designed to operate over a much wider heat range than ordinary plugs
- Resists carbon buildup and pre-ignition
- High alumina ceramics for better heat transfer and electrical insulation
- Solid copper core and nickel tipped electrode provide a longer plus life
- Patented triple gasket sealing process eliminates the possibility of combustion gas leakage
- Solid copper core for greater spark
- Longer insulator nose prevents fouling
- Corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover
- Zinc dipped shell prevents corrosion
- Triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage
HOW TO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT SPARK PLUG?
There are several factors—such as thread reach, thread diameter, the insulator nose projection and whether the spark plug incorporates a gasket or is of the conical type—to consider when choosing the correct spark plug for your needs.
In most cases, it is not until the engine is modified, or the compression is raised significantly, that stock ignition systems and spark plugs begin to show signs of being inadequate. At this point, a variety of factors determine which spark plug will be best suited for a particular configuration. In these modified engines, specific electrode/tip combinations, electrode materials and colder heat ranges can provide measurable gains in power. If your vehicle has had extensive modifications, it would be best to seek the advice of the manufacturer of your vehicle, the aftermarket supplier who manufactured your modifications or your service technician.